Sunday, November 25, 2012

More Praha Moments


The second  full day in Prague, I also slept in a bit too much, but was able to see more of the city, and was also able to meet up with Dr. Sorrells. From here on out, I will call him David, but it isn't to discount his title at all. David is here to take a class, which actually prompted me to come here to Prague, because I, too, originally wanted to get into the class. It is a class to get certified to be an ESL teacher, and while he doesn't even need  this certification, having a PhD in English and all, he wanted to find something to catapult him  to see Europe. Funny, he inspired me, and when the class feel through, I still had to see Prague, and then other places while I was here.  However, I inspired him to do this! He told me that when I made my spontaneous Thailand trip earlier this past summer (right after filing for divorce from Greg and staring at a three month+ living situation where we were going to live together while separated), it was an inspiration for him to book his  trip! Amazing. What goes around comes around! 

Thailand was my first trip off my own continent (some of you might remember than I went to Montreal for my 5-year anniversary, and was a missionary in Mexico for several summers, back when I was in high school and super churched up by my Colorado Springs surroundings and general upbringing). Katy, my sister, who is now 29(!), and her then-flight attendant friend, Kendall, were heading to Asia, and called me from the JFK airport  after a  couple of drinks. They invited me to join them, and given that it takes a couple of days to get there, I could only sync up with them when they got to Thailand. So I booked it, and a couple of days later I was there, in a grass-covered, gecko-laden hut, sweating up a storm (it was super summer there!), and waiting for the arrival of Katy and Kendall. 

I am so glad that my trip, and in general my writings and random boldness in life has inspired others. During this Europe trip, I have had many a "love note" where folks are telling me how I inspired them to write, to travel, to follow their heart...... man, that is what I am ALL about. Probably the best compliment I could ever get. As a natural teacher, my wish is always to inspire, and to help people grow. So the fact that my crazy post-separation Thailand trip could inspire a prestigious man like David, and then his trip would become the final Prague straw that tempted me to clear my schedule of everything and go, well, just wow! The motion of that, the give and take, really appeals to my Libra nature. ;)

David and I had a fantastic evening when we first had dinner together - I sadly couldn't stay long, as I was to meet up with Emil that evening and go to The Reduta Jazz Club with him, but we spent a great time catching up a bit (it has been almost two years since I have seen David), and being on the other side of our respective Texas jobs has been good to us. To get into more detail would be highly inappropriate, and while I am one to love me some inappropriate, this just isn't what my blog is about. Time flew by as we discussed our lives and our furry babies back home. And then I realized the time and had to bolt in order to meet up with Emil. thankfully, I would see David again during our stay.

Emil was waiting for me at the metro stop, and when I arrived a few minutes late (sheesh!), he was there and had a car to whisk us to The Reduta, where he not only plays, but seems to know everybody in the place. I was treated like royalty there, and I couldn't really understand why they all thought I was there (lost in translation), but everyone was so kind and respectful, and Emil was SUCH a personable man. We were watching another incredible band play for a while, all of whom I got to meet before they went on stage, and I even met a cool guitar player who hangs with them all, yet lived in Nashville for a while and is heading back soon. Small musical world!

We left after watching the band and some socializing, and I managed to take some cool pictures of the band. Emil told me I could do the same the next night, when he was playing. :)  I love my iPad and the pictures it takes. Later, Emil drove me back to my crazy little hostel. It was one fantastic evening, where I again managed to meet some incredible people thanks to some other incredible people I know. I am one lukcy gal, I tell ya!

Per Facebook:
11.22.12
"Great day/evening. Saw some of AMAZING Prague, bought a new purse to replace the one I lost, and in the process got asked out on a date by a gorgeous man (said no), met David for a superb dinner and my first Czech beer(!!!), and then had 1st class service at the Reduta Jazz Club (thanks to Emil and Steve).
Met some amazing musicians, and get to go back tomorrow night to see Emil play! Fantastic!!! I LOVE PRAHA!"

No comments:

Post a Comment