From Facebook wall (so I can remove them from my timeline):
@ Yesterday, November 10, 2012 at 4:01pm Sweden time
"Gots me my church on today! So many chapels/cathedrals. I prayed for you all. I am hoping by being in Stockholm Cathedral, there was a more direct line to God. Elsewhere I tend to go directly to voicemail.... ;)"
@ 3:32am Sweden time
"Really great last night in Stockholm. Will be sad to leave tomorrow, mainly because it is not by train, but by plane. Also, because seriously, Stockholm rules!! The people here are fantastic. They have a lot of things figured out in this country. Really makes me want to move here, settle down, and raise a bunch of cats...and dogs.... and chickens... Basically, a zoo would be nice. Big, loving shout out to T-Bone!!!!"
@ 3:40am Sweden time
"I spent some time talking about a pet turtle tonight. In the long run, these are the things that matter. The details....."
@ 2:00pm Sweden time
"After The Great Yogurt Explosion of 2012 at the Stockholm Arlanda airport, I managed to clean myself/my hair (yup, scandalous-looking white stains everywhere....) and to book my Hostel in Copenhagen for the next couple of nights. Last minute action all the way. Cope sounds like a bit of a wild place. VERY excited. There may be a couple of tipsy entries on the blog, not gonna lie..... But no sext-blogging. Promise."
@ 4:00pm Sweden/Copenhagen time
"Copenhagen!!!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My journey out the door this morning was hurried and I think I managed to pack everything and stuff some scrambled eggs into my mouth (thanks, T-Bone!) before running out the door to a waiting cab. I got in and was halfway to the airport before realizing what a freakin' thief I am! I totally walked out of Theresa's place wearing HER SOCKS! She let me wear them yesterday (she thought they were mine at first, but I told her that no - they were hers, and then asked to borrow them for the night - we somehow wear the same sized socks!!!) so I could save my 3 pairs for the road. And I slept in them, put on shoes and walked them right out of her life. I need to admit it and make reparations. She is so kind that she will probably laugh it off, but I will always feel a bit indebted to her - she opens up her life to me, again, and I walk right out of there with her socks. Criminal!
I made it to Copenhagen. From the window of the plane and cab, it looks seriously amazing. The weather is cool and beautiful, and if I wasn't so dern tired from last night, I would be rallying to go out and see some stuff tonight. Instead, I am nightclub blogging still (it is getting REALLY weird now, as people have surrounded me and are dancing aggressively to Willow Smith's "I Whip My Hair Back and Forth"), and my plans extend as far as a shower in my hostel. Right now I look decent enough to be illuminated by a screen and a strobe, and the doses of darkness really disguise yesterday's makeup pretty well.
I am super jazzed for tomorrow. It will be my only full day in Copenhagen, and I get to see an old buddy of mine from St. Olaf College. She lives around here, and paired with her presence, my basic curiosity about Copenhagen (fed largely through being a long time fan of the completed Showtime show series, "Weeds"), and what I have heard about some aspects of the lifestyle here (did you know they were the first European country to legalize same-sex marriage?! Yeah.... in 1986!), I HAD to see the place while I was in the neighborhood.
It is a really cool city, and I rebelled on the plane (are you surprised!?) and kept my electronic devices on and rolling. That's right! What's worse, I plan to do it AGAIN and AGAIN. I video recorded the take off from Stockholm and the landing as we approached Copenhagen. If I am banned from the train, this is my way of evening the score. I got some incredible footage! Stockholm was super cloudy, but it was amazing above the clouds (one of my favorite sights in the world - I remember when I flew for the first time at the age of 17, how it grabbed my imagination and inspired me in many different ways). The approach to Copenhagen was sunny and clear. GREAT footage which I will put on YouTube fo sho! I just don't understand WHY I can't record something that I paid for - I know, I know, I should be a good little sheep and go along with the herd like everyone else. But I am clearly a black sheep, and we black sheep are special in some ways. For all we must endure, we also get to do what we need to get by. It ain't easy being black with such rampant sheep-racists at every turn. I didn't use Wifi or Bluetooth, or even a telephone network. I obeyed enough to be in "airplane mode,'' even though I am not sure WHO that was designed for when the airplanes reject it full on. I just set up an iPad and uncomfortably held it to capture. I am on a criminal path now anyway, what with my stolen socks. If I am going down as a criminal, damnit, I will record it!
OK, things are getting really inappropriate around me (well, around my iPad), so I am going to opt to rescue my sweet writing tablet from sure attention and possible damage. People are starting to comment on my blog, and read parts of it. Dear sir behind me, stop reading my thoughts to people or I will write things for you to say that I don't think you are prepared for. Ever watch Anchorman?
Over and out!
No comments:
Post a Comment